Tuesday, 3 April 2012

The Sixth Sense


What should have just been friends having lunch in one of their favourite department stores turned out to be a discovery of a sixth sense. It was a lovely day and we were having lunch on the top floor of Selfridges, when I then excused myself to use the bathroom. As I passed The White Company stall, my senses were drawn in to what one can only describe as an alluring and sense awakening scent. Now I've never been one for candles but I knew I'd be dumb to walk out of there without one so I picked up this candle to sniff it; Wild Mint the body said but my senses had been taken into a world where it was calm and peaceful with no worries with a waterfall and colourful butterflies fluttering their wings and a rainbow arched above my head, indeed this was a soothing scent, one I wanted to sleep to and wake up to for as long as it burned. Sitting in a white porcelain holder and a mixture of spearmint, peppermint and white tea I stayed locked in the moment, eyes closed, savouring each second that the smell lingered in my memory. That is of course till the Sale Assistant's voice boomed over in my head bringing me back to reality. Never ever did I think mint could smell soo goood, I just had to have it. So with gleaming eyes and a lovestruck smile I cooed "I'll take it". Now as the candle burns my bedside I find myself slowly drift away into what I call La La Land...

No comments:

Post a Comment