Sunday, 1 April 2012

Who you are

I only heard this song today and it feels like every word speaks to me. In the journey through life, sometimes we find ourselves losing track of who we truly are; who we should be. I've known people who have let circumstances change their personality, I've met people who start out with the aim to change the world and then let the world change them along the way. Is it hard growing  up? Hell yeah. I know I made some pretty bad decisions in the past and i still do occasionally but once I caught my reflection in the mirror and no one had to tell me that's not who I was meant to be and I told myself no matter how tempted I get to change who I am to fit in I wouldn't. Once you know who you are no one can take that away from you.

Sometimes we're tempted with the idea of creating a perfect fa├žade but like Jessie said it's okay to not be okay. If you keep wearing a mask too long you might one day forget who you truly are and start to believe in the beautiful lie you created. No one is perfect, in fact I like to think I am flawed to perfection. I'm soo imperfect that it has become my perfection, no one else can laugh silly like I can nor can they have the same flaws as me. As you run this race I have only one thing to say to you "Just be yourself, whatever happens they can't take that away from you". Just be true to who you are........

  

1 comment:

  1. I feel that way so much. If I'm in any way "flawed", it's because I see that I'm different and I like it. I just want to be myself. Great post. I'm Christina by the way. ;@)

    ReplyDelete