Friday, 15 June 2012

Lean on me

Everyday I take a particular route for my daily walk; and it started getting boring till I noticed this aged couple. Every evening I passed them taking a walk so today i decided to walk slowly behind them and observe (of course from a distance). He had some difficulty walking; kinda looked like he was learning to walk again, the lady (im guessing his wife) was supporting him while he was also depending on his crane for balance. I could also make out that she was talking to him, i watched her patiently talking him through his baby steps, perhaps encouraging him and occassionally he would look up and smile at her and talk back. As I admired them for this ritual that they had created for themselves I couldnt help thinking of their love story together from the beginning. It struck a chord in my heart. It was truly a beautiful sight. To know that she had meant it when she said 'in sickness and in health' and see her act it out in my presence. God bless her heart. I also thought about how the roles had changed from the days when he supported her and lifted her in his strong arms to now when in his feeble days she was his source of strength. And then I imagined her tucking him into bed with the same smile that said 'I'll still be here when you wake up tomorrow". It truly was a pleasant sight and even as I write this I can't help smiling at the thought of them. Everyone needs someone to see them through their ups and downs, strong days and weak days, days of sunshine and stormy days. Some are lucky to find true love and others find comfort in friends and family and a lot find that love in God. I pray that wherever you find yourself that you would always have someone who would stick with you through everything. Someone you can count on to always be there for you. Someone who would love you for who you are, your shortcomings, your imperfections and your weaknesses. And now I can't stop Bill Wither's Lean on me playing in my head: Lean on me when you're not strong I'll be your friend I'll help you carry on For it won't be long Till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on. Goodnight, B

2 comments:

  1. love your blog so much! your so talented! i followed <3 do you think you could maybe follow me back? would love my blog to be as good as yours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hun. Thank you soo much. Just followed your blog. I love it already, about to read your posts xx

      Delete