Monday, 11 June 2012

Letter to a friend


Dear Stranger,
Isn't it funny how we were once inseperable and now we walk by each other like we don't exist to the other? Faces fixed on the floor, memories slowly fading, no one making any move? I know I tried but you said you needed your space. So I gave you just that, sadly that space turned into estrangement. I wonder do you still care? behind the non challant front you put up, do I still cross your mind? Or am I just another being in the world you don't give two about? What went wrong? Is there anything I could say to make it better? any thing I could do to patch things up? I miss making you laugh, I miss talking to you, I miss making silly faces for a picture with you, I miss staying up late night to talk about nothing with you, most of all I miss you more than you could ever know. You're probably never gonna get to read this letter but a part of me hopes that you could. A part of me wishes you would swallow your pride and come back to me. I guess just like Neyo I'm trying to clear some mental space cause thoughts of our friendship hunt my memory in the dark of the night. Here I am writing you a letter of all the things I would never admit, it's the things that my heart is burning to say but my mouth is shut for good. I guess our pride is the force that drove us further apart. I just want to let you know that I'm not going to give up on you because once loved never forgotten.

I miss you,
Forgotten Friend x

1 comment:

  1. You know I can relate to this. I always have that one friend turned stranger in my life. And it hurts because everyone is too proud to say anything. You see them and all you do is pray in your heart that they talk to you and when they don't you have to live with the fact that they might never do.

    ReplyDelete