Thursday, 20 December 2012

A Masterpiece of Imperfections

The one thing every girl struggles with at one point in her life or the other is her appearance; If I was only a bit taller, If I weighed just a little less, If only I had that smile... Have I struggled with the way I look? Yes, still do sometimes but my devotions today was exactly what I needed to hear.

It was a simple message; I am God's masterpiece. Joel Osteen said we need to start seeing ourselves as the masterpiece God created us to be. If He wanted you to be shorter or taller or lighter in complexion He would have made you that way. But you came with your flaws and all, and those people you secretly admire have their flaws as well, probably worse than yours. It's all in the way you carry yourself. It doesn't matter what others say about you; truth is people reflect what you give them. If you carry yourself in an inferior manner then they are going to treat you that way. Just cause you're shorter or fatter than the rest doesn't mean anything. What you lack in physique you make up for in personality.

That said, It's not the easiest thing to accept either, not when everyone around you looks like they walked off the Fashion Week runway. So start a little ritual, have a post it note or notes around reminding you just how beautiful you are. Tell yourself that every morning before you go out "I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am a Masterpiece of God. I am beautiful on the inside and the outside". If you think it and you breathe life into it by saying it out loud eventually you would believe it. Most importantly stay humble, being self confident doesn't mean you are better than any one else it just means you believe you're not less than anyone else.

True beauty isn't the make up you have on or the clothes and accessories. True beauty radiates from the inside
         -Bondi

Beauty is how you feel inside and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical
         -Sophia Loren

There is nothing more attractive than confidence. Once you see your beauty so will everyone else
      -Anonymous

Stay true to you, stay bea-you-tiful.

Love,
B
















5 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Dis post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww @kubcee thank you darling. Glad you do. Stay beautiful xxx

      Delete
  2. This just made ma day. Keep doing ur thing gaaaal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hunny. I love your blog as well

      Delete
    2. Thank you Hunny. I love your blog as well

      Delete