Saturday, 2 February 2013

Rediscovering Myself

Do you ever feel like maybe along the way you lost yourself? Stopped doing the things you once loved and lost yourself in the process.... and perhaps lost a little bit of your happiness as well?

I remember my ex boyfriend, he used to paint and when I discovered that I always tried to push him. To do the things he once loved; painting and singing. But now I realise I was a hypocrite and the one in dire need of the pushing. I realised this morning while I was cleaning up that I stopped doing a lot of things that once made me happy, I stopped doing a lot of my hobbies and I kind of lost myself in the process.

So I'm back to rediscovering myself before it's too late. I used to like baking and cooking; trying out new recipes. So I'm starting there first. I have tons of cookbooks in my room, dusty now but not anymore for I've decided that atleast every 1-2 weeks I'd try a new recipe. I had other habits and hobbies I loved as well, so I'm making a list of all of them and I'm going to try to adapt them back into my lifestyle. See if I still like them or not. We'll see. First things first I'm baking blueberry muffins tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'll post pictures, success or not.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is sometimes all we really need to do is go back to our roots. We always go round searching for happiness, but maybe in the wrong places. Maybe we had happiness all along, hidden there, in the corner, in our hearts, in the little things, the little things we thought were insignificant. We think happiness lies in the big things, the grand gestures but really it's the little things... It's always the little things, has always been.

No comments:

Post a Comment