Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Play your part

Today on the train to go see a friend I saw a shabby dressed man get on to beg for money. And I was torn, what if I gave him money and he used it for drugs or something. And then something in my head said well your part is to be a blessing. That's your role, what he does with that money is between him and God. Sadly he got off the train before the voice in my head finished talking.

As if to test this theory, on the way back from my friends another homeless man got on the train to ask for money. At first I didn't hear him cause Beyonce was blasting halo in my ear. Then he walked down and I heard that same voice say go after him. So I did. Asked him what he wanted and gave him some change. And what he did next almost broke my heart. He hugged me. And I was soo happy I helped.

Whether or not that was Gods voice or my conscience I can't tell. But truth is most times we're torn between helping these homeless people and what they are going to do with the money. But can I just say that your part is really only to help and not judge. What he does with your alm is between him and God. I would however strongly advise that you pray that (s)he doesn't use it for the wrong things.

Goodnight,
B

2 comments:

  1. This really made my day. i was feeling a bit down and after reading this i have a smile on my face. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Thank you Meerah. I'm soo glad it did that to you. stay blessed xxx

      Delete