Sunday, 19 May 2013

Fairytale Dreams


Since we were little we were thought to chase our dreams and believe in love. If you wanted something, you held on to that dream and you chased it, Cinderella dreamed a better life she got it, Ariel wanted a life on land, adamantly, and she got it and recently in Tangled, Rapunzel wished to see the festival of lights and made that happen just as Tiana got her dream restaurant; Tiana's Palace. So you see from a young age, we've been encouraged to chase two things; dreams and love, except if your dream is love, in which case it's one thing for you.

And some of us well we had a dream, we had a purpose, to be a model, to be a doctor, to be a fireman, we all had a dream at some point in our lives. Along the way it just got harder, either lost vision or motivation. Or lost sight of our dreams. Perhaps we didn't get the support we needed or the going was just too tough. What happens when you no longer have a dream? Do you just exist with no purpose and watch your friends chase their dreams?

I was recently filling a form that said "what is your ambition"? I was stuck. I kept staring at the blank space where I was supposed to write a mini essay. And so I told myself to fill other parts of the form and get back to that initial question. Which I did but it made no difference because I still had no answer. It scared me a bit, still does. Am I ambitionless? I'm not lazy I know that. But I still struggle with what career I want. Ambassador? Writer? Events Planner? I can't seem to make up my mind. And the more I look at the sand in the hour glass, the more I'm reminded that time isn't exactly a luxury I own. The only thing which keeps me going is well Jeremiah 29:11 to be honest.

Quotes from Disney Movies that encourage you, no matter how old you are:

"If you keep believing the dreams that you wish will come true" - Cinderella

"You're braver than you think, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"

"You'll never know unless you try"

"Today is a good day to try"

"The path to your destiny lies within your heart" 

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing"

"Don't just fly, soar"

"Believe you can, then you will"

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them"

"Life is not a spectator sport. If watching is all you're gonna do, then you're gonna watch your life go by without ya" - The hunchback of Notre Dame


2 comments:

  1. I'm a total Disney movie junkie. Love these quotes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaay!! I am tooo!!! My boyfriend thinks its childish pftui!

      Delete