Monday, 20 May 2013

Finding my voice

All I ever wanted was your approval. To make you happy. To make you proud. That's all I ever wanted. 

I never meant to hurt you. No I never meant to disappoint you either. I lost myself. I saw the world and I lost myself. 

Now everytime you look at me I see the disappointment. I see the hurt. I chose the life you didn't want for me. I hurt you. I hurt you, can you forgive me?

Now I'm trying to find my way back to the little girl you once loved. The little girl you held in high esteem. The little girl you always beamed at with pride. Will I ever be that girl? Would I ever find redemption? Will I ever find my way back? These are the demons I struggle with but I'm trying.

Trying so hard to be that girl for you once again before this lifetime is done. I never wanted to disappoint you, I hope you know. But I'm trying to find my way back and I'm trying to find my voice...

2 comments:

  1. Sad...who you talking to?
    If it's me, I forgive you :D :*

    ReplyDelete