Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Who is going to clean that up?

Sitting down in Costa treating myself to a yummy cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream, I began people watching. No it's not creepy. 

And then I noticed this man trying to put sugar in his coffee and mistakenly spilt it everywhere on the floor. He was well upset and confused between cleaning himself up and the floor. I was going to offer him another cup but the kind ladies at the counter brought him a replacement. And then another came round to the crime scene and cleaned up. I watched her quietly and diligently try to soak up the coffee with the mop. Before proceeding to clean the surfaces. All the while with a blank look on her face. Couldn't tell what she was thinking. She didn't look upset though. I could tell it was something she was used to. Cleaning up people's messes that is. Must be frustrating, cleaning up after people all the time... 

And most of us were like the man. Not that we go round costa's spilling coffee but making mistakes in life and leaving the cleaning up for others. Our mums, sisters, friends or the next president, we automatically leave the cleaning to them. I wonder how much better the world would be if everyone just cleaned up after theirselves or their dogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment