Monday, 22 July 2013

Pretending


For some reason this song came on while I was having a supposedly important conversation with someone. These lines most especially got me thinking

"Will we ever say the words we're feeling
Reach down underneath and tear down all the walls
Will we ever have our happy ending?
Or will we forever only be pretending?"

How often do we suppress the things we really want to say to the other person just because we are trying to protect their feelings? or trying to save what's left of that relationship? or because we fear for what the truth might actually do. Set us free or set us right. So many times the true words I want to say float in my head but something else rolls off my tongue and I end up regretting. If that doesn't happen, the voices in my head taunt me with the truth.

You should have really told him the truth...
You know that's not what you wanted to say...
Tsk Tsk Liar! Liar! Pants on fire...

It's not just me right? I'm not the only one who pretends to be okay with something when I'm really not, right? Maybe somethings are actually better left unsaid.....

R.I.P Cory Monteith 

No comments:

Post a Comment