Sunday, 17 November 2013

Don't Live Safe


When was the last time you took a risk? Made a decision without over thinking it? Loved someone with all you had? Bungee jumped or swam with sharks? Ok don't do the last one but when was the last time you took a risk and did something exciting and entirely selfish and just for you? Sometimes we get accustomed to our daily routine that life becomes nothing but that, just a routine. You wake up, keep up appearance, drag yourself through the day and that's just it.

I recently found myself falling into a routine, if I hadn't already buried myself in one. But my life felt boring and unexciting. Just now, while trying to sleep I thought to myself, 'hey why not buy that camera you've always wanted and pursue your photography hobby?' See the thing is I love photography. I spend hours and hours pawning through my instagram timeline, tumblr or WeHeartIt, basically any site or app that lets me see pictures. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and for someone like me who has selective amnesia, I'd love to capture every moment in a picture.

So guess what I did, I went online and bought me a camera. Whether or not I'm going to regret this later I don't know. But what I know is this, photojournalism is a hobby I would love to explore. I see beautiful pictures online and think to myself, well I could have shot that. Well guess what, I'm going to start taking the beautiful pictures that I often find myself admiring.

Life should be filled with more spontaneity, don't live a dull life following the same routine over and over again. So maybe my purchasing a new camera isn't the most exciting thing to happen but it's the first step to taking thousand beautiful pictures which means breaking free from my boring cycle once in a while. Why not find a way to do something exciting once a week or month. Dye your hair that colour, pierce your nose, take that vacation, skip work/school and go to disneyland. All I'm saying is life is tooo short to not enjoy every beautiful day that you're blessed to see.

Look forward to taking pictures and sharing with you all....
xoxo 

4 comments:

  1. Cant wait to see your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you sweetie!! Wish me luck

      Delete
  2. There was a time when I was scared to do things because of the "what if's" but lately i push myself to go far out of my comfort zone and I am loving it. As for photography, I took a 5 weeks course that was amazing and now i have a newfound r/ship with my camera. I hope you enjoy your camera as much as I am now enjoying mine. Good luck with it all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yaaaaay to risk taking. I can't wait for it to arrive, I haven't been this excited in a long time LOL

      Delete