Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Throwback Post: Healed With Time

I wrote this post about 2 years back, after going through an awful break up. Apparently this is what got my blog noticed. Felt like sharing it again x

I still remember that day like it was yesterday
When you walked out on me and out of my life,
I cried, I pleaded, I screamed, I shouted,
Yet you still turned on a deaf ear and walked away
I knelt down and I begged you, I held unto your clothes,
The tears streaming down my face, mascara smudged, eyes pleading, heart breaking,
On bended knees I asked you not to leave me,
You didn’t say a word, you just walked out and left the door open behind you,
I stayed crouched on the floor and watched you leave me; slowly disappearing into the distance,
For days I left that door open, hoping, praying that you would return just like you left me but you never did,
All that came through that door was the soft gush of the wind, the cold night and the moon that shone so bright,
Looking at that moon shining brightly up in the sky later replaced by the sun day after day transformed me
It gave me energy, it gave me hope, it healed me because I let myself hurt for a while and in my hurt I found comfort and in my comfort I found strength
The strength to pick myself up from the floor and start over again,
Today I saw you; you were with another girl, I had always thought what I would do when I saw you, screamed at you, break down and cry or want to hit you but I felt different…..
I didn’t even hurt, I didn’t even care, no part of me yearned to have you back, I realized with the days gone by that I deserved the best and the best was what I was going for,
The best which you weren’t…
I gave you my sincerest smile and walked away, I didn’t say hi, because I was taught as a kid ‘’forward always, backwards never’’
There's no point revisiting the past, when the future had so much for me
I'm a changed woman not even you can break me,
I've grown to love myself and I don’t need yours, I laugh more, smile more, dance more because life is too beautiful to be sad
Thank you for hurting me, you indeed created the beautiful woman who stands tall now


No comments:

Post a Comment