Sunday, 1 June 2014

Unborn


Where were you when I needed you? 
Where were you when our daughter died 
While still in my belly
Where were you as I watched her pass in blood clots?
In a flash the world that I had known 
Left my body as you slipped away
A life that never was
The face that I would never get to kiss
Or the little hands that I would never get to hold
Or the hair that I wouldn't ever get to braid

Where were you when the pain gripped my whole body
And left me breathless
As I clutched my stomach
And cried out for you
You were in a meeting when I needed you the most
You said you had to be there
But we needed you here
She didn't even get to say goodbye to you
But then again neither did I 

Where were you when my insides felt so hollow?
So empty yet filled with broken dreams and aspirations?
Where were you when I needed you the most?
You said you had to go build a building 
But my world was crumbling 
And it was mine you needed to build...

No comments:

Post a Comment