Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Thesis! Where is thy sting?



If I had a dollar for everytime I've cried out of frustration from my MA dissertation, I'd be rich. Ok not stinkin' rich but I'd be able to host a couple of friends to a meal or buy a new outfit. I've never had anything test my patience like this thesis.

Somedays the words and ideas just keep flowing, those days are rare by the way and other days I just want to curl up in a ball and cry and sometimes I do. I'm not a cry baby but I enjoy crying, it makes me feel better afterwards. Atleast it beats smashing my laptop. 

I honestly cannot wait to be done with this paper so I can sleep for 24 hours straight and watch Grey's Anatomy for the first time from season 1. Yes it's been a couple of firsts for me. Watched 'Coming to America' for the first time ever on Saturday, don't judge me. 

I wish I could be travelling the world right now or be with family and friends without worrying about theoretical perspectives and case studies. Ugh. But this is where I am now and what I've got to do so....

Maybe I should start a club for depressed Masters student haha, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of us out there. Anyways that's my life these days, how's yours? Hopefully better...

xoxo

2 comments: