Wednesday, 17 September 2014

What's Your Love Language?




















You may or may not have heard of the 5 Love Languages or it may come to your surprise that one exists, let alone four others. But it does exist: Receiving Gifts, Physical Touch, Acts of Service, Words of Affirmation and Quality Time.

Although I'm yet to read the book (I've seen my sister with a copy) I took the test online to find out what my love language is and it came as no surprise to me that it is indeed, Quality Time. And here's what it says about this language

"In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, "I love you.' like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there- with the Tv off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby - makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Quality Time also means sharing quality conversation and quality activities."



There is nothing about that that isn't true. First of all, I'm a big attention whore, Beau accuses me of this all the time. What he doesn't know is I'm his attention whore, I only want his attention which is why I get ticked off when he's answering calls up and down like a drug dealer. I also hate when our plans get changed or I have to share my time with him with others, sadly I am still very selfish and learning painfully and slowly that it can't always be about 'me'. I love when it's just us two spending time together, not necessarily doing anything in particular so I can relate to my love language.

I would advise all my friends, especially those getting serious about relationships and taking the next step to familiarise themselves with not just their love language but that of their significant other. It's one thing to get love but keeping a relationship takes real work and dedication. It's also unrealistic to expect the other person to know how to love you the way you want. Especially since men and women were created to love differently. It's worth taking the test with your significant other and finding out the best way to love and understand yourselves. Just asked Beau to take the test even though I'm pretty sure it's.... actually that man is too damn simple that he is complex to understand. Ugh

Taking the test is one thing but the book by Gary Chapman offers a more detailed explanation of your language and ways to love someone with a different language than you. Curious to know yours if you would like to share, take the test here and bonne chance avec amour. Oh yes, I'm practising my french but that's an all new post for another day xxx

4 comments:

  1. I took the test.πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ mine were Words of Affirmation. Now i feel like iknow my self a little better than before i took it.😁 heres what iit says
    "Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important— hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. You thrive on hearing kind and encouraging words that build you up."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate on knowing myself better. I'm reading the book now and it is indeed fascinating isn't it? Thanks for sharing your love language with me xxx

      Delete
  2. Hi Bondi, so I finally get to comment on your blog after about 2 yrs. I don't really remember how exactly I came across your blog but it was love at first sight! I even did something you posted on what's in your handbag unfortunately I didn't send it to you. May I please get your email? I'd like us to talk if you don't mind. Thanks
    P.S. I think we share the same love language!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, thank you so much for liking the blog. Thank you. My email is bondibilala@yahoo.com. Please come off anon so we can talk properly, better yet, send me an email xx.

      Delete