Sunday, 2 November 2014

I miss you

I hated how busy he was
And I hated how much time I had on my hands to notice that,
It made me feel needy
And I hated that more 
I hated how emotional I got over every cancelled date or that I only got thirty minutes in a day to see him,
If I was that lucky 
I envied my little sisters and their puppy love
Chatting away every minute and getting replies
Whereas I slept off waiting for a returned call or a replied message 
I hated this new phase 
But wasn't that part of being in an adult relationship?
Worse, I hated our fights 
We had come to this new place of misunderstanding 
He was stressed, I felt neglected 
I never meant to let things get this way
I just needed him and he couldn't be there
I guess he needed me too
And we found ourselves struggling with new responsibilities among other things
We just weren't prepared for the sacrifices we would have to make
Including us....

2 comments:

  1. OMG! This made me cry. It was as if I was the one writing it!
    Every single word is a reflection of exactly what has happened to me. At the end I was left shattered, & now I'm trying to put back pieces of my life together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Amina we are such soul mates. It's a relief to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. You'll be fine darling xx

      Delete