Friday, 26 December 2014

Gone Girl


He tells me how much he misses the girl in the picture, I miss her too but it's a constant reminder with him like I'm the only one who's changed in this relationship.

I miss the old him too, I miss the man I fell in love with, the one who made me laugh all the time not the one who drives me mad now. I miss the man whose presence alone sent a shivering feeling down my spine and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I miss the man who I could tell everything to and spend forever in bed with.

I miss the man I fell in love with.

Now I think maybe we bought into a false idea of who we really were. I don't recognise him anymore than I recognise myself. But if I'm a monster now, I'm his beautiful creation. With every lie, pain and broken promise, I plunged deeper into this darker uglier version of myself.

He robbed me of my personality and created this monster.

He misses the girl in that picture and maybe that's just what I should leave him with, a memory.....

No comments:

Post a Comment