Tuesday, 23 February 2016

When Did I Stop Being Me?


I was sitting on my bed reading “The Wait” by DeVon Franklin and Meagan Good, yes I’m celibate (a struggling celibacy student but persevering) and I got to the section on how you need to know yourself before you get married/commit to a serious relationship, otherwise your identity becomes defined by your status quo, X’s wife X’s mother etc. Is that news to me? Obviously not, but something about reading it again this morning struck me. First of all, I decided to go on an entertainment fast this week because I felt like I was slipping into old habits and straying from God. So, no social networks for me, no “worldly” entertainment; music and TV shows that plant sexual seeds in my heart and the last one, don’t judge me, no playing Farm Heroes. It’s like candy crush, the twin of candy crush, it’s just as addicting (who makes these games anyways?) I put it on my list because it was taking up so much of my time that could be better spent being productive. I’m not kidding, I would literally wake up in the middle of the night to pass a level because I know my lives have been restored or you could be talking to me, saying something really important and I would pick up my phone and start playing farm heroes, when we all know I have the attention span of a fish. It was an issue I tell you; I know you’re probably wondering why I didn’t delete the game then. Well there’s no need to be rash (I probably sound like an addict, pft!)

So where was I? (See, attention span of a fish). Okay, knowing who you are right… so I read that part again and I asked myself, “why did I stop writing?” Which is probably what some of you have asked yourself from time to time, why I stopped blogging. The truth is, I don’t know. I thought that once I got my MacBook back, the mojo would magically appear, like Ta Da!!! Right? Wrong! I’ve had my laptop back for three months and it’s been an eerie silence here. I actually thought I’d come and find my blog taken down from inactivity. LOL.

When did I stop being me? I started writing because I needed an outlet, not that I expected anyone to be reading this and then I found that some people were paying attention to what I had to say and then I (ALL BY MYSELF!) put pressure on myself to deliver good content and then I started to lose my identity because I thought I wasn’t as good as other bloggers. And I also thought I had to match up to par with the rising number of personal bloggers out there. But wait, hold up, I never started writing for approval, I didn’t start this blog with the aim of being the next influential blogger or money making blog on the net, I just needed an outlet so why was I trying to take the fun out of that for myself? I ought to slap myself or someone else do it (Don’t even dare). Anyways, I hope that with this new revelation, I’ll commit back to sharing my thoughts on here. Also, because I’m seeing this new guy, whom I swear is like hot chocolate fudge on legs, you should see him in a suit, I mean…. And do you know what’s worse? His love language is Physical Touch, so much for making it easy on me Lord. So I’m gonna need all the outlet I can to remain celibate. Don’t tell him I said that, oh Lord, help me.

10 comments:

  1. Love this! Mostly cuz I can relate. Keep writing; we're reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jayda!! Thank you so much for the encouragement

      Delete
  2. Hey there,I'm glad youre back..your silence was uncomfortable :-) Anyways,just wanted to say keep up the good work(we all need u to keep writing) and yes,celibacy is a tough pill but in the end its worth it. :) Gods grace and blessings darling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dorcas!!!! Thanks alot hunny for the encouraging word. Appreciate it and I won't disappoint xxx

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you writing again Bondi :) I totally get what you mean about the pressure we put on ourselves for blogging. What we often forget is that regardless of what we wish to get from blogging, the first thing to note is writing for oneself, that is what brings beauty to anything we write. I hope you get to write more because I like reading your posts!! P.S: I hear people talk about love language a lot, whats the deal with that?

    Meera (planetmeera.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah Meera thanks a lot love. It's a tough world out here but we'll make it so long as we stay true to ourselves like you've said. Appreciate it. The love language is a test and book done by Gary Chapman on getting the best out of your significant other. Go to the website www.5lovelanguages.com, and find out yours.

      Delete
  4. I'm soooo happy you're back!
    I LOVE you for the new revelation. I believe this realization is what will make you stay original to yourself & I think it's what's important in the end.
    And I LOVE your strength with the celibacy thing, God trusts you too that's why he sent Mr Choc Fudge your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aminatu!!!! Thank you so much darling. Thanks for being a faithful reader. I appreciate you my love. Here's to more blog posts that are relatable.
      Hmmmm pray for me always with Choc fudge lol xoxo

      Delete
  5. So glad you are back! This is probably only my second time commenting but I absolutely love your blog! Maryam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maryam! Thank you so much. I really am glad to be back, I should have never left. Thanks for reading and commenting xxx

      Delete