Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Plays, Dates and Butterflies


From the title of this post, you can probably already tell that this is a post about nothing in general, just breaking the silence here. Also to update you on my progress with the dates bucketlist, found here. Today we went to watch a Play; Love at War, an adopted play of Shakespeare's The Two Noble Kinsmen, which I loved. It was organised by the British Council, the National Universities Commission and University of Abuja to celebrate Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary. 400 years, can you believe it? One of my favourite luxuries to indulge in while I was still in London was going to the theatre with my sister, I loved the West End Shows and so when I saw the ad for this play on the British Council's twitter account, I didn't hesitate to book J and I in. It was him leaving his comfort zone to go to the theatre, when he could have been indoors watching soccer but he liked it and I'm glad. And since he compromised for me, I pretended not to see him checking the scores online (the things we do for love, haha). Anyways, we've made some progress with ours and I can't wait for us to indulge in more activities together. So I cheated and added 'watch a play' at the end, but who cares? I call the shots here!


  • Go on a tea date
  • Watch a football match together (or any sport of his choosing)
  • Go hiking
  • Attend an arts exhibition together
  • Have a games night with other couples
  • Double date with a close couple friend
  • Go to the gym together
  • Take a road trip 
  • Have a spa date (couple's massage)
  • Do something artistic together
  • Movie night; my choice
  • Movie night; his choice
  • Go water skiing at Jabi Lake
  • Attend a concert together
  • Go on a romantic dressy dinner date
  • Take a cooking/baking class together
  • Go horse riding
  • Watch the sunset together
  • Test drive a car together
  • Volunteer together
  • Miss date night and write a love letter instead
  • Go bowling with another couple and swap S.O
  • Have a movie night at home
  • Have a Q&A night on each other 
  • Have a dessert date night
  • Go to the zoo
  • Have a group date picnic at gurara falls
  • Water gun fight at the park with friends
  • Go on a breakfast date for dinner
  • Crash a wedding -_-
  • Fish at Abacha Barracks
  • Paintball group date
  • Watch a play together

I'm not halfway done with this and I've already thought of a Travel/Holiday bucket list for my husband and I, dear Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment