Thursday, 4 August 2016

New Year's Resolution? LOL


For some reason I decided to go through my NYR today and boy am I way behind on some of them. I categorised mine into spiritual, financial, career, personal growth, physical and distractions, inspired by The Compound Effect. In every area I've made significant progress, save for physical. That's a big LOL and I didn't even put unrealistic goals oh. This is what I wrote:


"PHYSICAL
3 John 2, 1 Cor. 6:19-20

·      Eat veggies or fruits every day.
·      Practice yoga once a week for an hour.
·      Take a walk twice a week (30 minutes); eventually switch it up to running/jogging around the second quarter of the year (as the compound effect grows).
·      Drink 3 litres of water everyday.
·      30 minutes Abs work out every week."

The only thing I've been consistent with is water! A damn shame I tell you. I'm in a love hate relationship with working out, it's not that I'm trying to lose weight, let me stop the "what are you trying to lose?' question askers (very annoying!). I'm trying to cultivate a healthy lifestyle where I don't pant like a dog after climbing two flights of stairs or drop dead early from all the fat accumulating round my heart because I love my food I tell you. I can't do the diet thing. I try though, once in a while when the spirit moves me, I go to the gym or do some work out at home. But the next five months, I'm going to do better, I need to. Call this my turning 24 in the next 27 days resolution. This is a public cry for a gym partner and probably someone to sponsor me to the gym LOL.

I'm serious, who wants to get fit and remain fit with me? I've found a solution to yoga though, A lady does yoga classes every saturday at the National Park and Zoo in Aso drive that I will try to go for atleast once a month. All hope isn't lost too, I've got J and I on an abs challenge, very simple, we do 25 sit ups everyday but he's more faithful than me. I need help. I'm not the only lost cause out there right?



Bragging rights; on personal growth I set a goal to read a book every month and I'm proud to tell you that I've read 15 books so far

January-
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
Aleph by Paulo Coelho
Like The Flowing River by Paulo Coelho
Windows That Open Inwards by Pablo Neruda

February-
The Wait by Devon Franklin & Meagan Good

March-
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl

April-
The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord by T.D. Jakes

May-
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
After You by Jojo Moyes

June-
Struggles by Craig Goeschel

July-
Power, Politics and Death by Segun Adeniyi
Second Honeymoon by James Patterson
Americanah by Chimamanda Adichie
Private Berlin by James Patterson and Mark Sullivan

August-
There Was  A Country by Chinua Achebe (Current Read)

See, not bad. I added this to make myself feel good. Please don't ask me how I'm doing with my financial goals -_-.

2 comments:

  1. I'll give myself a 7/10 in keeping up with my NYR.. Mine were to:
    Eat healthy - I'm almost A1 (lots of fruits, water, veggies and protien).. I'm useless in working out too.. LOL. So, what i lack in exercising, i make up for in healthy eating (i have days where i forget and pig out though)
    Read more - Proud of myself on this one.. I've read 20 books so far (and that was my limit for the whole year :D)
    Have a Bikini Bod with Abs - LOL is all i have to say for this one
    Better Relationship with God and build my faith - Working on this one everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I feel you girl! If you were in Abj we would have been workout buddies to keep ourselves on track. You've done really well with your NYR, go girl! Maybe we'll do better in 2017 lol

      Delete