Tuesday, 23 August 2016

The Little Things...

I received a gift from one of the blog readers yesterday, which I found so sweet and touching. She once tweeted at me that she followed and loved my blog and little things like that inspire and encourage me, so naturally we became social network friends. On one fateful day, I came across Malanda Jean-Claude's account on twitter @overlyxclusive and fell in love with his tweets and discovered he had written a book, which I tweeted that I would love to read someday. And she replied saying she would get it for me, time passed and I forgot about that interaction, I mean it was December 2015. Then some days ago, she sent me a DM saying she was back in Nigeria and had the book she had promised me some time ago. I was so awestruck and couldn't believe she kept to her word. God bless her heart





Now I have Because of a Woman and I opened it to read and guess what the first page says, 
"Even when your words don't feel like magic to you anymore, keep writing. They are magic to someone else and at some point, they always return for you to feel them again"

Do you know why this struck me? You would have noticed that I haven't been blogging consistently but on Sunday at a wedding. I walked over to meet my friend who was with her friend and when I introduced myself, she went "Bondi Lala? I love your blog". I couldn't help blushing. With those simple words, she made my day and she probably didn't even realise the power of her words (That's another reason we must be careful with the words we speak to people, words carry tremendous power). Those two acts in two simultaneous days have filled my heart with so much love and encouraged me to keep sharing my thoughts on here and writing. I may not be a well known published writer but it means so much to me that there are people out there who connect with my blog posts and I pray that I keep filling you with contents to read and love. Thank you all for the little ways in which you've shown me and my blog love by sharing, tweeting/retweeting links, liking on Facebook, commenting and reaching out to me. I've got deep love for y'all.

xoxo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment